Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Waiting for Baby

Hello Olivia -

Mommy says a "watched pot never boils," but that is exactly what we're doing right now waiting for you to arrive.  After your scare at 35 weeks, we've made it to 39 weeks!! Now that you're full term, we're trying to get you here before CHOP wants to induce labor on June 3rd.  They won't let Mommy go past her due date, so now you can feel free to make your appearance any day.  Mama does NOT want them to induce her with medicine, so she's been hard at work trying to get you here.

While we wait for your arrival, we've been having lots of fun.  We did a photo shoot with Mom's friend Carolyn of Carolyn Clement Photography (remember I told you she took the photos at Mom's Inspired Family Conference) at the Morris Arboretum.  Such a beautiful morning & Carolyn captured some really great shots of our family.  We love having awesome professional photos done of the family - Mom can actually get in the pictures rather than behind the camera.






After my last post, we had a BBQ with Daddy's friends from Princeton.  It was a really fun day & there were lots of kids here for me to play with.  The very next day was Mother's Day & we spent the day relaxing at home.  Daddy made breakfast for us, we did some light gardening, Mommy napped & then we brought a picnic into Morris Arboretum for dinner.

This is Mommy at 37 weeks pregnant with you.  I was not really a happy camper during this photo shoot, but look how much you're growing!

 
You've been doing great at all your doctor's appointments!  Mommy & Daddy brought me to a few of the short days at CHOP, where I got to hear your heartbeat.  I even got to play with the blood pressure cuff. 

We took our last trip to New Jersey (for a while) to celebrate Aunt Ari's bridal shower.  She officially becomes our aunt on August 1st, but all the ladies got together to shower her with gifts.  Mom couldn't drive there by herself, so Dad & I crashed the party for a little before hanging with the men.  The bridal shower was right on the beach, so Daddy took me for ice cream & we even played on the playground in the sand.  


During the week, Mommy & I have been spending lots of time enjoying the spring weather & outdoors.  We've been playing at the Smith Memorial Playground, Please Touch Museum, Morris Arboretum & gardening in the backyard.  Lots of Mama/Son time - I'm totally basking in the final days of being an only child.  

Having fun at Smith Memorial Playground

 Enjoying a rainy day at Please Touch Museum
This past weekend was Memorial Day Weekend & since Mommy can't go too far from home we did lots of fun things locally.  We started the weekend off at the Devon Horse Show & County Fair.  I LOVE horses Liv, so it was a blast.  We watched the riders in the ring, rode the carnival rides & pet the ponies in the stable.  I have never gone on carnival rides before Olivia - so much fun!  













We even got to check out Chanticleer Gardens in Wayne.  We've never been there before & it was beautiful.  I had so much fun exploring the new gardens.  It was a very warm day - we're getting ready for summer.  Hopefully when you get home from the hospital, we'll be able to enjoy the summer at the beach with Grammy & Pop Pop. 


We finished out the holiday weekend with a polo match in Brandywine.  Ponies twice in one weekend Liv!  How awesome are Mom & Dad.  We brought a really nice picnic & had so much fun that afternoon - stomping the divets & watching polo.  Daddy made lobster salad - check out the photo of me hanging with the lobsters before we cooked them.  I even have a new polo club program, which will probably end up replacing the tattered one I love to read with Daddy at night (we got it last summer). 






Unfortunately, this week playing at so many fun new places allowed me to catch Hand, Foot & Mouth virus.  It's a pretty nasty virus & I have a rash on my hands, feet & in my mouth - YUCK!  Mom is a bit stressed out right now, since you're coming any day now.  We're working hard to get rid of the virus.  There is nothing the doctor can give me - it just needs to run it's course.  Fortunately, once the rash presents itself I am no longer contagious & adults don't catch it from the kids usually.  I'm so, so sad about this Olivia because it means that I won't be able to come to the hospital to meet you when you're born.  CHOP is very cautious about letting germs in, especially in the CICU.   Mommy has been doing lots of homeopathic & natural remedy research (our Mom loves whipping up these crazy witch brews that help keep us healthy).  Hopefully all her concoctions will clear this up quickly, so I can see you soon.  

Now that we're in the final stretch & you'll be here before this week is over, Mom has been pulling all the stops to get labor started.  Her awesome acupuncturist has been working on inducing labor for the past 5 sessions & she's going to continue going daily until you decide it's time to make your grand entrance.  She's also scheduled some other appointments for induction like a chiropractic adjustment with Dr. Brandie, plus some other tricks up her sleeve that her former midwife suggested.  

My next post will be once your born Olivia.  I just want you to know that you're going to rock this labor & I can't wait to meet you!  Mom, Dad & I know you're incredibly strong & you will continue to fight during your journey to a healthy heart.  

I love you so much!

Your big brother,
Winston






No comments:

Post a Comment