Thursday, June 5, 2014

Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting - Dr. Seuss

Good morning Via (this is how I can pronounce your name so far, but I'm working on it),



I wanted to share a quote with you from a Dr. Seuss book "Oh, The Places You'll Go!" I thought this was a very appropriate quote for you to start your day of surgery.  Mommy & Daddy got to CHOP early this morning to cuddle with you as much as possible.  I FaceTimed with them late morning & they let me know that you were happily sleeping & ready for your surgery.

Yesterday was a pretty uneventful day in terms of your health.  I came up to the hospital with Uncle Jon early in the morning, so we could meet properly.  We exchanged gifts. Thank you for my digital camera, big brother photo album, personalized big brother book & big brother medal! I hope you enjoy your gift from me - a heart patient teddy & book featuring Olivia!  There are lots of machines & wires all around you.  It was a little scary for me, but I was so glad to see you sleeping happily.








Grandpa Howard & Grandma Mimi came to visit while I was there.  Everyone wanted to see you before your surgery today.  After visiting, we went down to Mom's hospital room & she was discharged to go home.  I got to spend a couple hours with Mom & Dad at home before Grammy picked me up for my weekend in New Jersey.  I've been having a great time in New Jersey so far Olivia.  We went out for dinner last night & I had a blast dancing to the guitarist.  I even met 2 older girls and we all danced together.  I'm quite the lady killer little sister & definitely flirted a bit with the older ladies.


Mommy & Daddy told me they spent the rest of the day with you at the hospital.  You did well all day & your surgery was set for noon today.  Mom is thrilled that you've been able to eat & nurse so much.  It will really help you stay healthy after surgery.  The doctors say that you will need to remember how to use your mouth after surgery, so I hope you were taking notes on how to nurse, suck your paci & take a bottle.  Mommy & Daddy even got out of the hospital for an early dinner nearby.  Mama had her first glass of wine to help settle her nerves for surgery.  They had a lovely dinner outside in the gorgeous weather.





I am with Grammy right now while you're back in surgery.  We are saying prayers & thinking positive thoughts little sister.  You are so incredibly strong & I know you're going to rock this surgery.  Mom & Dad are at the hospital waiting patiently.  They met with your surgeon, Dr. Spray (he's one of the best in the entire world Liv).  He is confident that your surgery will be pretty straight forward.  Your nurse, Michael, has been taking care of you all morning & is now taking care of Mom and Dad while they wait.


You'll be out soon & we'll see how your heart works on it's own.  I am so incredibly proud to be your big brother.  We are all routing for you Livi & confident that this will be a very small stamp on your long life timeline.  I love you so much & cannot wait until your home with us.


I'll write to you again once I have an update from Mom.  Keep fighting sweet baby sister!!!

So much love coming your way,
Winston
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment