Saturday, February 7, 2015

Summer... Lots To Do & See

Baaaabbbbbyyyy - Baby Livia,

Have you missed my letters to you?  Mom really wanted to jump in to catch you up on how you've been doing with all your appointments, but now I'm jumping back in to share all the fun we've had since you came home from the hospital.  Many seasons have come & gone, so I will break it down by seasons.  This first letter will be summer fun & boy did we pack in a lot of fun!  It's going to be a VERY long post because we packed so many activities in, but the memories I'm sharing with you will have a lasting impression that we cherish for years to come.

June:

We started the summer off getting to know each other.  I'm so proud to be your big brother & have loved helping Mommy take care of you.


 While Mommy gave you your medicine, did your pre & post feeding weights, checked you BPM & pulse ox levels, I occupied myself or helped out when I could.  I loved testing the pulse ox on my toe before you put it on your toe.  Mommy even let me get on the baby scale after you got your weights.






You weren't allowed to get your scar submerged under water for 8 weeks, so we did lots of baths in your bath seat.


Helping Mommy check our pulse ox levels.  





I did get some time to myself, while Mom & Dad got your healthy!  Aunt Shana & I went to a Phillies game!  My first Phillies game ever!  We had so much fun.  I wore my Phillies tee shirt & I came home with some cool swag, including my Phillies sock monkey.  He's one of my favorite pals & I sleep with him every night.


Mommy & I also went on some dates & you stayed home with Dad.  We mostly went to the grocery store, Starbucks or the playground.  Monkey usually came along too!


I had so much fun showing you playgrounds!! I know you were too little to play, but it was fun to run around and tell you all about the slide, swings and show you how I could climb.








We also explored the Morris Arboretum many nights after Dad got home from work.  It's one of the major perks to having a key membership.  We get to go in after hours.  Sometimes Mom would wear you, but other times we would take the Orbit double stroller.  



We wanted to make sure that we got you out in the sunshine as much as possible.  Vitamin D is good for us!! One of our first family outings was to the Roxborough summer concert.  We had so much fun dancing, snacking on food trucks & enjoying summer!  Thankfully it wasn't too hot.








I even got my very first haircut this summer!! We went to Hairs to You & Paige cut my hair in a cool car.  She has pretty cool pink hair!  Daddy even got me a treat just in case I panicked when she went to cut my hair.  I sat there in awe of what was happening.  I think I look pretty dapper with my big boy cut!











A couple weeks after you came home, we all went to CHOP's Fetal Diagnostic Family Reunion.  Mommy wore you in her new Oscha wrap & we had such a wonderful afternoon.  We ran into nurses & therapists that helped treat you prenatally.  Mom was overwhelmed by the number of people that attended, but reassured when she saw all the happy families.  It helped us adjust to our new normal. You mostly slept through the party, but that's pretty much all you did the first month. 











Mom & I had fun doing photoshoots.  She really did capture a ton of pictures & I'm so glad that I get to share them with you.  

















After sticking around Philly for the beginning of the summer, I was getting sick of the summer heat.  I gave Aunt Sha a ring & she took me to the beach for the day.  You got to hang home & have more bonding time with Mommy, while I had a blast in the sand.  






Of course hanging out in Philly is fun too!  My buddy Nolan was up from Georgia, so we had a big playdate.  Mom & Lizzy wore you & Conrad the whole time.  You guys were too tiny to play.





Summers are hot in Philly and our backyard was filled with Asian Tiger Mosquitos despite Dad spraying the garlic repellent, so we also did a little gardening outdoors & ate at outdoor restaurants whenever possible, but were stuck inside most days that we stayed home.








July: 

Just like that - you were 1 month old!!  I shared June's photos with Mommy & she was amazed at how much we did in a month - especially considering you were at CHOP for a large chunk of the month.  We really were committed to making sure that you experienced life this summer!! Once cold & flu season hit, Mom's tune changed big time!! 











Of course I had to get a few of my own shots in with my big boy camera!





Before you knew it, 4th of July rolled around!  We spent the long weekend at Grammy & PopPop's house in New Jersey - enjoying the beach & the Jersey Shore!!  Grammy & PopPop were away since we decided last minute to go to New Jersey, but Uncle Mario was there with Aunt Ari.  We had a BBQ with Uncle Mario's friends, went to see Great Nanny & Great PopPop, then headed to see the fireworks down at the Long Branch boardwalk.  



I loved hanging with Uncle Mario's buddies - I even got to hold sparklers!







As per usual, you slept through much of the fun!










You love Uncle Maz!  Look at your big girl smile for him!!


 This was Great PopPop's first time seeing you in person & holding you!  He was so happy!!


 We walked to Oceanfest from Great Nanny's.  I LOVE fireworks!  Mama held the blanket around the back of your head & over your ears, so that the BOOMS wouldn't hurt your ears.




Grammy & PopPop came back the next day, for a day of fun at the beach!!  They were so happy to have you in New Jersey & at the beach for the first time!!  You loved sporting your bathing suit!























After our first weekend away as a family of 4, Mom had a momentary breakdown that lead us to the Honda dealership.  We traded in her beloved Audi Q5 for a Honda Odyssey (gasp!!!).  Grammy & PopPop laughed when they found out because Mom swore she would never be caught dead driving a minivan!  She still loves it, but misses being a "cool" mom in her sporty SUV.  Back in Philadelphia, we tried to beat the heat by continuing to bond with you indoors & taking you to some of my favorite places - the zoo & summer pop-up gardens.  




Helping Mommy cook dinner!

More sibling bonding at the Snyders!


We also practiced wearing our ring bearer & flower girl outfits for Uncle Maz's wedding.  Grandma got a kick out of us in our gear.






 Love Philly's summer pop-up gardens!  


Exploring Art Splash at the Philadelphia Art Museum




























I'm sure you're pretty aware of my love of trains.  Mom & Dad thought we'd check out New Hope's train.  Boy did we have a blast!  You startled every time the train whistle blew, but mostly slept through our ride.






Daddy got us box seats at the Price Waterhouse Cooper suite, so we got to enjoy our first Phillies game as a family.  You & Mommy had never been to a Phillies game.  I love sports!! I chanted "Phillies, Phillies, Phillies" & cheered on both teams!  Most people ignored the game & watched the World Cup in the box, but I loved every second!  Once again you snoozed through most of it, but don't worry I made sure Mommy captured it on camera so you could check it out when you're older.




Just before we geared up for our big trip to Newport, we had a fun Happy Hour pool party at Hayden & Brooks' house.  I got to see some of my buds & you hung with baby Brooksie!  




We started our big road trip with a day at the Jersey Shore.  PopPop & Grammy loved having you back in town.  Aunt Shana even came for a visit.  We got to check out Point Pleasant Boardwalk.  I love it there!! Lots of rides!!







We woke up early the next day for a long, long drive up to Newport, Rhode Island.  How awesome to spend a week with all the Snyders!  Uncle Jon and Ann Marie brought Watson & Lily to Grandma Burrus' house.  Uncle Rick, Aunt Emily & our cousins Rowen, Riley & Aidyn stayed at Grandma Mimi & Grandpa Howard's house with us.  It's a once (or maybe twice) a year visit with all the Snyders & Queenans.  Our house was pretty noisy with 4 little boys running around having a blast, but don't worry Liv you pretty much slept through the noise & if you couldn't Mommy wore you in one of the 4 baby carriers she brought along.  

2nd Beach with the Queenans






Baileys Beach fun!










Exploring Newport & New England fun







Sweetberry Farm concert



Bailey's Family Night










Our first family sail & your first time on a sailboat.  You mostly slept or nursed throughout the entire sail.  I was an excellent first mate & Mom taught me how to run the lines.  We'll be out in our Opti before you know at sailing camp.  Maybe you'll love sailing so much you'll sail around the world!















Enjoying Castle Hill (this is where Mom & Dad got married Livi!)



Fun at night!  BBQs & Lobster dinners









Loving time with family!





So much fun with our cousins this trip!



August:

Just like that your July was over & we were ready to celebrate Uncle Mario & Aunt Ari's wedding!! We headed to Jersey City & had a blast at their rehearsal dinner.  We got to stay up past midnight (well I did - you of course slept through most of the party as usual).
















The next day you spent time getting pampered with the girls.  I had brunch with Uncle Maz & the dudes.  















We all met up for pictures & then headed to the church to start the big event!  Then we danced the night away celebrating!!  Oh what a night! Again, we stayed up WAY past our bedtime.  We crashed hard at the wedding & then slept in the stroller at the after party.































The next morning you turned 2 months old!! We had brunch in Jersey City with the gang & then headed to Grammy's house to relax with the newlyweds.  Lots of partying!! 












Back in Philly, we had more fun at the zoo (I think Mommy likes the zoo because it's outdoors, so even though there are lots of people around she can somewhat protect you from germs because we're outdoors & you're in the babycarrier) & Morris Arboretum concerts.  You even went to your first Mommy & Me pilates class at Mama's Wellness Joint.  I love that place - Mom & I used to have such special bonding time at our Mommy & Me yoga.






We started getting back into exercise at home!  



You also started Mommy & Me yoga with mom.  Baby Brooks & Jenn joined too.





You & Mommy participated in a photoshoot for the Public Breastfeeding Awareness Project.  Our birth photographer, Kristy, took the shots.  We had such a fun day in Princeton!

 



Our next big adventure took us to San Francisco.  We tagged along with Daddy on a work trip.  It was your first plane ride.  Mom & Dad were a bit crazy & we flew as two lap kids.  Crazy!! We had such an awesome time in California!  Mommy & Daddy miss it like crazy.  







Flooded our bathroom at the W hotel!  Oops!


Playing & sight seeing with Mom, while Dad was in meetings.
















We had so much fun riding trolleys & cable cars!! I'm obsessed.











We even went to Traintown in Sonoma!! 







Followed by some winetasting with moms NJ friends - Tatum, Mike, Lindsay, Craig & Nichole.  Tatum & Mike have been living in Napa - one of Mommy's favorite places.    




I got to hang with Courtney & Harper (again you mostly slept!).  They are Mommy's friend (& former co-worker), Becky's kids.  We had so much fun at Gott's!!  



California was a blast!! We even experienced our first earthquake & slept right through it!  Napa had lots of destruction, but thankfully where we stayed in Marin County it just rumbled.  Mommy hadn't even experienced an earthquake before!  

Mom & Dad had a date night for their anniversary at the Jersey Shore, so you & I got to hang with Grammy & PopPop at the Italian American Festival!  Have I told you how much I LOVE rides Liv!  





We also joined Aunt Sha & her friends in Sea Isle for a day at the beach!  What a blast!  Of course, you guessed it, you slept the entire time!! 









Lots of fun celebrating Grandpa Howards birthday in Haverford!  





Uncle Jon & Ann Marie told us about the Philly Pop Up Boardwalk, so we had to check that out!! Aunt Shana & Jessie joined us.  We checked out Happy Hour on the Moshulu afterwards.  







We even got to go to a polo match in Pennsylvania!! We usually go when we're in Newport, but missed out this summer.  Ellie, Baby Conrad & their Mom & Dad joined us.  So much fun picnicking, dancing the night away & meeting some horses.  I'm a huge fan of horses too!  







More bonding for you & I in the month of August & I loved every second of it!  I might be a little rough with you, but I LOVE you with all my heart!!  We were finally able to put you in the tub & submerge your scar - YAY!! You also rocked tummy time!!




















Summer ended with one final trip down to the Jersey Shore.  We went to Porta for an early dinner & dancing to start the weekend off.  We had so much fun & you loved the music!  We spent the rest of the weekend soaking up the last of summer fun at the beach.  I can't wait for next summer when you can play with me in the sand & ocean.

























We came back to Philly to end the long weekend with a fun afternoon with Uncle Jon & Ann Marie at Conshy Brewery!  JAM offered to babysit us, so Mom & Dad could have a day date.  They went out to a Philly pop up beer garden & then went grocery shopping at Whole Foods without kids (I guess grownups find grocery shopping alone fun!).  


How awesome was our summer!! I couldn't be happier that you were this healthy to enjoy all the wonderful experiences with family & friends.  When we received your diagnosis & thought you were going to be born with HLHS, we were prepared for a rough course.  You have blown our minds with how strong you were in the hospital, how quickly you recovered from heart surgery & how you stayed healthy.  

Next post.... fall!! 

I love you to the moon & back baby!!

XO
Win

No comments:

Post a Comment